My Review Policy
I write reviews about books and about tea — quite a surprise, right? If you’d like me to review something of yours, take a look at my review policy below; if you like what you see, give me a shout through my contact page.
Book Review Policy
I read mostly speculative fiction (sci-fi, fantasy, and horror) and non-fiction on such topics as entrepreneurship, business, pop psychology, and history. However, I do liven things up with the occasional graphic novel or dive into literary fiction. To get a good sense of my likes and dislikes, take a look at my “read” list on Goodreads.
I’m currently choosing books to review from my TBR pile – take a look at my “to read” list on Goodreads to see if your book is there! If not, and if you’d like me to review your book, please note the following:
- I will always state whether I got the book I’m reviewing out of personal interest or whether a copy was given to me in exchange for a review.
- I do read eBooks, but I don’t use a Kindle. Send me ePubs or PDFs, pretty please.
- I generally stick to traditionally published books. If you’re a self-publisher, I’d like to see an excerpt before making a decision about reviewing your book.
- It may take me up to a few months to review your book. Please take that into account when requesting a review. If you need me to post a review by a certain deadline, let me know ASAP.
- I currently do not arrange book giveaways, but this may change.
Tea Review Policy
Update: As of January 31, 2016, I am on hiatus from receiving more tea and will be working through my backlog of yet-to-be-reviewed teas. I predict that this hiatus will last until late summer 2016.
I’m an active member of Steepster, which means that I’m always up for a cup! I’m currently reviewing teas already in my Steepster cupboard – if you see one of your company’s teas listed there, you’re golden. If not, and you’d like me to review your tea, please note the following:
- I will always state whether I got the tea I’m reviewing out of personal interest or whether it was given to me in exchange for a review.
- If you do wish to send me tea, keep the amount to a minimum — tea can pile up quickly!
- It may take me up to a few months to review your tea. If you need me to post a review by a certain deadline, let me know ASAP.
- I currently do not arrange tea giveaways, but this may change.
- My preferences are for green, black, herbal, rooibos, and pu’erh teas. I do drink the occasional white and oolong, but not often. My Steepster profile has more info about my likes and dislikes.