My Review Policy
If you’d like me to review something of yours, take a look at my review policy below; if you like what you see, give me a shout through my contact page.
Book Review Policy
I read mostly speculative fiction (sci-fi, fantasy, and horror) and non-fiction on such topics as entrepreneurship, business, pop psychology, and history. However, I do liven things up with the occasional graphic novel or dive into literary fiction. To get a good sense of my likes and dislikes, take a look at my “read” list on Goodreads.
I’m currently choosing books to review from my TBR pile – take a look at my “to read” list on Goodreads to see if your book is there! If not, and if you’d like me to review your book, please note the following:
- I will always state whether I got the book I’m reviewing out of personal interest or whether a copy was given to me in exchange for a review.
- I do read eBooks, but I don’t use a Kindle. Send me ePubs or PDFs, pretty please.
- I generally stick to traditionally published books. If you’re a self-publisher, I’d like to see an excerpt before making a decision about reviewing your book.
- It may take me up to a few months to review your book. Please take that into account when requesting a review. If you need me to post a review by a certain deadline, let me know ASAP.
- I currently do not arrange book giveaways, but this may change.
Tea Review Policy
I am currently on hiatus from writing tea reviews. I still love tea, and I still have a lot left to drink. But after being diagnosed with IBS in late 2017, I have stopped drinking oolong tea and cut down on my consumption of black tea.
Right now, I stick mainly to green and white teas, with the occasional rooibos and herbal tea thrown in. I’m at the point where I know what I like and what works for me, so I’m just going to focus on drinking what I enjoy and reducing my stash of tea to a more manageable level.
However, I haven’t stopped drinking it entirely. If you want me to review something, please keep the following things in mind before contacting me.
- I will always state whether I got the tea I’m reviewing out of personal interest or whether it was given to me in exchange for a review.
- If you do wish to send me tea, keep the amount to a minimum — tea can pile up quickly!
- It may take me up to a few months to review your tea. If you need me to post a review by a certain deadline, let me know ASAP.
- I currently do not arrange tea giveaways, but this may change.
- Don’t send me or ask me to review black, oolong, or pu’erh tea.