I’m trying something new today. Whether you come here for book reviews, tea reviews, or my own rambling thoughts, you’re probably curious about what I pay attention to outside of those three spheres. So here’s the first in what will hopefully become a series: a post with links to interesting articles I’ve read recently.
These are articles I’ve seen on social media or saved on Pocket. Some of the links below are new, some are old, but hopefully, at least one of them will catch your interest.
- Why You Should Read Romance – Natalie Luhrs, Uncanny Magazine
- The Significance of Plot Without Conflict – Still Eating Oranges
- Update, Jan 10: Giveaway of Some of the Best from Tor.com 2016 – this will be available only until January 17th, 2017, so get this collection of free short fiction from Tor.com now!
- A Day Making Puer Tea on Jingmai Mountain – William Osmont, World of Tea
- State of the Puer Union, Fall 2016 – Two Dog Tea Blog
Life, the Universe and Everything Links
- On Progress and Historical Change – Ada Palmer, Ex Urbe
- Opposition in the Age of Gish Gallops – Jonathan Crowe
- He auctioned off the pistol that killed Trayvon Martin. She watched her child die in a mass shooting. Can they change each other’s minds about guns? – Lisa Miller, New York Magazine
- The Importance of Naming Bigotry – Miri, Brute Reason
I may tinker with this format in the future as I figure out how many links to post at once. In the meantime, do you have any suggestions for other articles I should read? Share them in the comments!